Today I wanted to show you one of my favorite Russian salads “Vinaigrette” that is not only delicious but also a great source of folic acid, vitamin C, dietary fiber and other good stuff. I’m pretty sure that every Russian made it or at least tried this salad. For those who never tried it this is super easy to make, and if you like vegetables “Vinaigrette” can become one of your favorites.
2 small red beets
1/2 small onion
1-2 carrots (I used 5 baby carrots)
3 small pickles
1/2 cup of sauerkraut (I didn’t have it this time so decided to make my salad without it)
salt, olive oil, dill
1. Boil beets, potatoes and carrots together. Remove potatoes and carrots when it’s ready and leave beets to boil until it can easily be pierced with a knife.
2. Peel all cooked ingredients. Dice all your ingredients into small cubes. Mix in a big bowl, add some salt and olive oil.
Ready to eat or can be refrigerated.
Приятного аппетита (Enjoy)!!
It’s time for Spicy Thursday Link Up party!!!!
Thank you everyone for sharing your recipes last week! I really enjoyed discovering your blogs and reading awesome recipes! One of my favorite recipes was “Sponge Cake With Sandwich Cookies” by Winnie, so I created this quick watercolor sketch based on one of the photos.
Do you want to participate in a LINK-UP party? Rules are very easy:
<div align="center"><a href="http://dcinstyle.com/" title="DC in Style"><img src="http://dcinstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/linkup.jpg" alt="DC in Style" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
1. Link to your specific recipe or DIY project blog post, not your blog’s main page.
2. Please grab a blog button or simply include a link to DC in Style somewhere in your post.
3. Check out another links and have fun!!!